google.com, pub-8574905978341049, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow:

Monday, March 29, 2010

Past Imperfect


Over the years New York City based interior designer Andrew Baseman has amassed unusual collections of antiques ranging from art nouveau post cards to Japanese fabric sample books.
Antiques with inventive repairs (also known as "make-do" repairs) are unique examples of necessity and thrift.
Here is teapot no part of which has escaped damage, with a replaced aluminum base, patches, wire and rivets galore. It is the most altered piece in his collection. It measures 3-1/2″ high, 6-1/2″ wide


1 Comments:

Blogger Róisín said...

Right first off, sorry but this is not a post about this teapot. You've a lot of pretty teapots here and this is by no means my favoutie (which is not to say it isn't pretty, only that it's not my fav). So why am I commenting? Well, quite simply, to tell you I love your blog. I noticed somewhere down there that someone commented "A lovely teapot". In my mind, that is proof that you have one of the (with the emphasis on the e) best blogs in the world. I'm also commenting now because I realised I forgot to tell you that I posted a link to this wonderful space in a post on on my own blog(http://childofdanu.blogspot.com/) about a week or two ago. Well anyway, thank you and keep up the good work!

5:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home