google.com, pub-8574905978341049, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow:

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Is it a bird?


No it's an angelic, spouted form and was my first attempt at raku firing.
The term raku is derived from the Japanese Kanji character meaning "enjoyment" or "ease"....and I certainly enjoyed myself!
It's a form of Japanese pottery characterized by low firing temperatures and the removal of pieces from the kiln while still glowing hot. The pot is removed from the hot kiln and placed into a container of sawdust to stain the exposed clay surfaces with carbon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Andy are you planning to make any to sell?
Regards
Martha

10:44 pm  
Blogger Mabena said...

I'm making some this week Martha.
I can't wait to get the Raku kiln roaring and start battling with the fire gods again!

10:54 pm  
Blogger Miss F said...

fantastic~

10:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home